Applicants with a Bachelor or Associate Degree in Nursing requirements
Additional Requirements for Applicants with an Associate Degree in Nursing (before beginning the MSN coursework)
- Bachelor or Associate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- Current RN Licensure in the United States/US Territory or the equivalent for international licensure.
- Good standing with the licensing body
- Currently working as a Registered Nurse
- Completion of the following prerequisite undergraduate courses: Pathophysiology and Statistics (or equivalent with a minimum grade of "C".
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0* in all academic course work
*Applicants with a GPA of 2.75 - 2.99 may be admitted provisionally and are required to:
- Minimum of one year of experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Completion of the following prerequisite undergraduate nursing preparatory courses (or equivalent) with a minimum grade of "C" (while maintaining an overall GPA of 3.0) before beginning the MSN coursework:
- NURS4970 Community Health Nursing of Diverse Populations
- NURS4980 Introduction to Nursing Research/Evidence Based Practice (Prerequisite: Statistics)
- NURS4990 Principles of Leadership and Management for Professional Nursing
- Submit a professional reference that addresses their ability and potential to complete a graduate study program.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the first three graduate courses. If the student does not earn the minimum GPA of 3.0 in all MSN courses, they will not be permitted to progress in the MSN program.
- Exceptions to regular admission requirements must be approved by the MSN Program Director.
- Students accepted into the MSN program may transfer credits up to 25% of previously completed graduate work from another accredited institution.
- All transfer credits must be approved by the MSN Program Director.
- Credits must have been earned within five years preceding the date of admission to NNU's MSN program.
Application for Admission
Bachelor and Associate Degree in Nursing Applicants
Additional Requirements for Applicants with an Associate Degree in Nursing
- Submit online MSN application with a nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- Submit an official transcript from the college of university where nursing degree was granted and/or from institution where applicant seeks to transfer credit(s).
- Provide evidence of current RN licensure.
- Provide a Personal Goal Statement in a 250 - 300 word essay. Please address the following items for the Nursing Admissions Committee to evaluate content and writing ability (grammar, spelling, and word use):
- Brief background of your nursing career.
- What is motivating you to attend NNU and why now?
- Explain why this program is the best fit for you?
- What do you ultimately want to do with your degree?
- Provide a professional reference if Cumulative GPA is less than 3.0* using the online MSN Recommendation Form addressing applicant's ability and potential to complete graduate study.
- If English is not your native language, see "International Students" in the Admission and Financial Aid section of the catalog.
- Submit official transcripts verifying completion of prerequisites if transferring them from another university of college.
Applicants with a GPA of 2.75-2.99 may be admitted provisionally.